Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mexican again? Yum!

I love Mexican food and margaritas so it seems that Austin is the perfect town for me!  Since we knew we'd be eating more Mexican for lunch the 3 of us jumped, well slowly rolled out of bed, and hit the road running at 9.  We actually had to drive first.  Niamh drove us in her green monster truck to Mueller  Greenway.  It is a housing development with a pond and nice trails.  We all separated and did our own thing when we got there, and I felt completely safe which says a lot as Triona and I are the 2 biggest scaredy cats going!  As we drove there we were talking about how because it was overcast it wouldn't be too hot running.  We spoke way to soon!  The sun came bursting through the clouds about 3 minutes after we started.  I felt much better running today than yesterday and thought I could do 6 miles.  I felt great for the first 3 but quickly fell apart.  The fourth mile was a killer and just when I hit 4, I ran into Niamh at the car.  Thank God!  It is a terrific spot to run or walk, and there is only 1 small street to cross if you choose.

After hanging out at the house for a bit, we went to Abuelo's Restaurant.  Guess what?  It's a Tex Mex place which was totally okay with me.  There was no wait for a table, the chips and salsa were delicious and plentiful, and again we had tasty guacamole.  Triona and I agreed that we would have margaritas every time we went for Mexican and so we ordered classic margaritas on the rocks with salt. They were very refreshing.  We were with other people that I had never met before so I stuck to the one drink.  I had carnitas tacos from the lunch special menu which they have available daily.  They are pork tacos and were served with rice and refried beans.  Everything was good, the pork was a bit dry, but I would go back.

With our bellies full, Niamh took us to Mt. Bonnell.  We were undecided as to whether or not we would attempt it because of the heat, but in the end, we determined that we would put our best foot forward.  Niamh assured us that it was only a 10 minute climb up some steps.  It actually turned out to be less than 5 minutes.  Don't let the short climb fool you though; the views were gorgeous!  You can see the city, river, and mountains from the top.  People were also picnicking at the top which looked like a fantastic idea on a cooler day.  We took a trail down instead of the stairs, and it was really easy walking.  We all had flip flops or sandals on.

At this point in the afternoon, we are chillin' watching "Drop Dead Diva."  Yes, I watch "Drop Dead Diva" and am proud of it.  Tonight we are heading to the Speakeasy for a bacholerette/hen party.  My first Texas night out.  Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment